The 5 pillars of Islam in English:
The 5 pillars of Islam distinguish Muslims from other Believers, such as Christians and Jews. A man can’t be Muslim without at least testify that “no God but Allah and that Muhammed Peace is upon him is the Messenger of Allah”. Now let me introduce those 5 pillars of Islam in English in the coming lines.
1- Exposure of faith (Shahadah). The believer should testify that there are no gods, but Allah and Muhammed’s peace be upon him is the messenger of Allah.
2-The 5 prayers that any Muslim is supposed to be praying for facing Mecca 1st At dawn, 2nd Noon, 3rd, mid-afternoon, 4th sunset, 5th after dark.
3-Zakat which is Muslims donate a portion of their wealth to charitable cases.
4-Fasting (sawm) which requires Muslims to avoid eating, drinking, smoking, and sexual activities during the holy month of Ramadan.
5- Pilgrimage (hajj) is visiting Kaaba in the sacred city of Mecca in Saudi Arabia, Muslims are required to perform hajj at least once in a lifetime if they were financially able to cover the cost.
If you would like to know more about the 5 pillars of Islam in English, please scroll down and keep reading.
- Shahada is the first of 5 pillars of Islam in English. What does Shahadah mean? It means that there is no God but Allah and there is none worthy of worship, but Allah and Muhammed are the messengers of Allah.
- To convert to Islam, you must state the Shahadah twice in front of witnesses as it is the expression of faith, and it is heard during the Adhan. It is one of the five pillars of Islam; it means that there is no God, but Allah and Muhammed are the messengers of Allah.
- When a Muslim recites the statement which is the first of the 5 pillars of Islam in English, it expresses the complete acceptance of being committed to Islam.
- The testimony of faith is when the dying person who is going through the agony of death can speak and is advised to recite the Shahadah. Therefore, Muslims must recite the Shahadah before joining Islam and believing that there is no God but Allah, they also know that nothing can happen without Allah’s permission, but humans have free will in their actions and their beliefs.
Please scroll down for more about the 5 pillars of Islam in English.
- The second Pillar of the 5 Pillars of Islam In English It is obligatory for Muslims to perform the five times a day the 5 prayers as the ritual of Islamic prayers, they are performed by time which is known as Fajr (before dawn), Dhuhr (afternoon), Asr (late afternoon), Maghrib (after sunset) and Isha (night time) always performed towards the Kabba, there is also “sunnah” and “nafl” prayers which are performed between the 5 main prayers.
- What do say before every Salah? You start but saying “Ash-hadu Alla ilah illallah” to honor Allah. This means there is no one worthy of worship except Allah. It is recited in every salah to show your devotion to Allah as you prepare to pray.
- The salah is the 2nd pillar of Islam and it is performed as followed by the first step: Make your intention to pray. The second step is: Raise your hand to your ears and say, Allahu Akbar… The third step is: to place your hands over your chest… The fourth step is: to keep your eyes focused on the ground… The fifth step is: to recite the opening chapter of the Quran… The sixth step is: to perform the ruku (bowing down).
If you would like to get more knowledge about the 5 pillars of Islam in English, please scroll down and keep reading
- Sawm is one of the 5 pillars of Islam in English, and it translates to “fasting” which it means in Islam but especially during the month of Ramadan Muslims fast to avoid drinking, smoking, eating, and sexual activities from sunrise to sunset, and the purpose of fasting is to practice self-restraint, piety, and generosity.
- Fasting has been promoted and practiced by worldwide physicians, by the founders and followers of the Islamic religion, fasting is also mentioned in verses of the holy Quran in which a Muslim is allowed to abstain from eating and drinking “fasting “and which introduces alternative solutions such as feeding needy and poor people.
Stay with us for more about the 5 pillars of Islam in English.
- Hajj is an annual pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, the holiest city for Muslims, hajj is mandatory for Muslims that are physically and financially capable of undertaking the journey.
- The house of Allah, which is located in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, is where the pilgrimage is performed toward the Kaaba.
- The solidarity of a good Muslim and the submission to Allah is to demonstrate Hajj, the act of pilgrimage is performed over five to six days, the rites of pilgrimage are performed on the Islamic calendar which is extended from the 8th to the 12th or 13th of Dhu al-Hijah because the Islamic calendar is lunar and 11 days shorter than the Gregorian year.
We still have more information to mention about the 5 pillars of Islam in English.
- Zakah in Islam is considered a religious obligation and by qur’anic ranking, it comes after the salah (prayer), zakah aims the wealth or comes out of the wealth that a Muslim owns it is one of the five pillars of Islam zakat is the religious duty of all Muslims who meet the necessary criteria of wealth to help the needy.
- It is a charitable contribution that is mandatory, in the history of Islam the zakah has played a big role. Zakah is customarily 2.5%(or1/40) of the Muslim total savings wealth above a minimum amount known as nisba each lunar year.
- According to Islamic doctrine, all those collected amounts should be paid to the poor and the needy, zakat collectors, recent converts to Islam, these to be freed from slavery, those in debt, in the cause of Allah and to benefit the stranded traveler.
- Today in most Muslim-majority countries, zakat contributions are voluntary, while in Libya, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and Yemen, zakat is mandated and collected by the state. Shias, unlike Sunnis, traditionally regarded zakat as a private and voluntary action, and they give zakat to imam-sponsored rather than state-sponsored collectors.
Now we wrapped up everything about the 5 Pillars of Islam in English, for you to be aware of how to be a Muslim.
Hope you enjoyed our article about the 5 pillars of Islam in English.
- Murouj Academy is an Islamic Academy for Islamic studies and other Islamic courses. As an online Islamic academy, Murouj provides many Islamic courses such as the Quran memorization course, standard Arabic course, Quran tajweed, Ijaza recitation course, and Islamic Studies course.
- Do you like the 5 pillars of Islam in English? the 5 pillars of Islam in English are not the end Check more Blogs.